Sunglasses are an unavoidable accessory when we are out of home for any outdoor activity on a sunny day. If that activity is fishing, only sunglasses are not enough. Then you need to have a pair of polarized sunglasses. You might be wondering how come you need them. You need them because they are best for anglers!
If you are a regular fisherman, you may already know the benefits of wearing a polarized sunglass while fishing. If you don’t know much about them, it’s high time you used them and know more about them. They provide you with clear vision while reducing the glare of the light reflecting from water surfaces. And, they shield your eyes from sun’s harmful UV rays.
Polarized glasses are vastly available in the markets. You might get confused about which one to buy. So, here we have tried to make the experience easier for you. We included here the 10 best polarized sunglasses for fishing. We’ve also presented the polarized sunglasses reviews so that you can judge their qualities and then buy them. Continue reading to discover how to pick the best sunglasses for fishing.
- 1 Quick Overview – Best polarized sunglasses for fishing
- 2 What is polarized glass
- 3 How Polarized Lenses Work
- 4 Benefits of Polarized Lenses during Fishing
- 5 Polarized Fishing Sunglasses – Things to Consider
- 6 Best color for sunglasses
- 7 List of 10 Best polarized sunglasses for fishing
- 7.1 Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses
- 7.2 Wiley X P-17 Sunglasses
- 7.3 Native Kodiak Polarized Sunglasses
- 7.4 Strike King Polarized Okeechobee
- 7.5 Flying Fisherman Buchanan Polarized Sunglasses
- 7.6 Oakley OO9096 Fuel Cell Polarized Sunglasses
- 7.7 Ray-Ban RB8317CH Chromance Lens Aviator Sunglasses
- 7.8 Oakley Men’s Fuel Cell Rectangular Sunglasses
- 7.9 Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- 7.10 Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- 8 Conclusion
Quick Overview – Best polarized sunglasses for fishing
- Costa Blackfin Sunglasses -Editor’s Choice, best overall polarized Sunglasses.
- Strike King Polarized Okeechobee – Cheap, superhydrophobic and Anti-Reflective Coating.
- Oakley Men’s Fuel Cell Rectangular Sunglasses – Plastic frame, Polycarbonate lens, available in different color
- Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses – cheapest, specially designed for sporting and fishing
What is polarized glass
Polarized glasses or lenses are those that have a unique chemical film coating to reduce glare. They have this filter that blocks the reflected light of any surface so that you can see your surrounding without getting the blinding glare. Polarized glasses are popular mostly with anglers. But people with driving, skiing, biking, etc. activities also benefit from them.
Polarized glasses are available in many colors. Every color doesn’t perform similarly. Darker or lighter shades of the same color also provide different levels of polarization.
How Polarized Lenses Work
When the particles of light hit a flat or moving surface, they get reflected. These reflected beams then scatter here and there and enter our eyes. If we are out on such a sunny day, we should take sunglasses with us. But sunglasses cannot help you completely. A polarized sunglass is best for walking, driving, angling, skiing, etc. on a sunny day.
Polarized lenses have a particular feature. These lenses have a coating of special materials. For this reason, they can cut off glare and reflected lights and help you have a clear vision. When light reflects from roads or water or icy surfaces and enters your eyes, this often creates a blinding glare. It can happen while driving, fishing, skiing, etc. Often this can cause a dangerous situation.
Polarized lenses eliminate this glare. The laminated filter they contain only allows vertically oriented light to pass through the lenses and reduces the glare.
Polarized lenses also provide you with the exact color of things. Regular tinted sunglasses only reduce the light transmission to your eyes but cannot show you actual colors of the surrounding. Glare distorts the true colors of things. Polarized lenses eliminate glare, and thus you don’t feel any color distortion.
They also give comfort to your eyes. They help you look through the water except getting stunned with the light reflected from the water surface. They offer better fishing experiences. And, you also get to see the fishes that are close to the upper surface of the water.
If we look at the other side of the coin, we found that you cannot see LCD and LED displays clearly with polarized glasses on. They reduce the visibility of images produced by LCD and LEDs.
Benefits of Polarized Lenses during Fishing
Polarized sunglasses are comparably more compatible for fishing and driving. They are beneficial for anglers. For better fishing experiences and better vision, you should, and you must use polarized lenses. The benefits of polarized lenses during fishing are given below:
- They reduce the amount of light reflection and eliminate glare. These two are the main facts which disturb our vision while we are out of the home. When you are on a fishing trip, you face these more because of the moving water surface. If you are wearing polarized lenses, these will bother you less or not at all.
- They let you see the real colors of objects. Regular tinted sunglasses cause some color distortion of things as you look through those glasses. Polarized lenses do not do that. You see the actual colors of things with them. While fishing, it’s vital that you see things clearly and accurately.
- They reduce eyestrain. We all understand the discomfort of eyestrain when we are outside. Polarized lenses lessen eyestrain. For a long fishing day, won’t you like a sunglass like this?
- Polarized lenses provide your visual comfort. They don’t let glares and light reflections enter the eyes. This way they protect the eyes from these unavoidable circumstances and give them comfort.
- They improve vision and contrast. You get a more precise vision when you wear them. They enhance color contrast and your visual clarity. During fishing, these things are necessary. So, you should get a polarized sunglass for your fishing days.
Polarized Fishing Sunglasses – Things to Consider
As there are different types of sunglasses available in stores, so are polarized sunglasses. There are various types of them. We’ll show you how to choose sunglasses that are best for fishing. There are different things that you need to consider and reconsider while buying a pair of polarized glasses. Some of the facts are lens color, material, etc. Below we are going to discuss them briefly.
Lens color has direct effects on how you see things through the glasses or how much light enters your eyes. Some lenses create color distortion, and some do not. While darker shades are suitable for daily activities, lighter shades are for low-light activities.
Amber Colored Lenses
Amber colored lenses are great for fishing, driving, water sports, shooting, and outdoor sports like tennis, gold, etc. They offer improved depth perception. For defined vision, low-light conditions and haze, amber colored lenses are excellent. They are ideal for everyday use. They enhance contrast and improve vision.
Yellow Colored Lenses
Yellow colored lenses are also amazing for low-light conditions. They will provide visual acuity even in a foggy, hazy day. They filter out the blue lights and reduce eyestrain.
Brown vs. gray polarized lenses
There’s always a debate on brown vs. gray polarized lenses. Both of them are good for everyday use and outdoor activities. They are differentiable from each other if we consider the fact ‘color distortion.’ Gray lenses don’t cause any color distortion. Therefore, you get to see the actual colors of things through these lenses whereas with brown lenses you see slightly different colors. This happens because they cause a little color distortion.
The lens material is another important fact. There are several materials used for making sunglass lenses. Let’s talk about some of them!
- Glass– glass lenses are the most expensive of all others. They offer superior quality of vision and optical clarity. Formerly, glass was the only material used in making lenses. Then came in other materials. But they are heavy comparing to other materials and also breakable though they are highly scratch-resistant.
- Acrylic– this one’s inexpensive and good for occasional use. Acrylic lenses are less durable than polycarbonate lenses.
- Polycarbonate– polycarbonate lenses are less scratch-resistant. But if we think about the other aspects, these lenses are outstanding. They are impact-resistant, affordable, and lightweight. They offer clear vision.
There are other materials too, like, polyurethane. This one is expensive. But the lenses are lightweight and impact-resistant.
Best color for sunglasses
Sunglasses are available in a wide range of colors. They can be light-tinted or dark-tinted. Different colors have distinctive effects. The best colors I can suggest are gray, green, brown, amber, blue, etc. These colors are great for outdoor activities and also for daily use.
- Gray colored sunglasses reduce the total amount of light transmission. They don’t cause color distortion.
- Amber and yellow glasses reduce the amount of blue light. So, they are good for wearing while working on a computer or other electronic devices. They are awesome for low-light conditions and foggy weathers.
- Brown glasses offer low light transmission and visual comfort.
- Green lenses feel great on eyes. But they cause a little color distortion.
Best Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing Reviews (Recommended Top 10 selections)
It’s a usual occurrence that we often get confused while buying a thing. A sunglass is no different. A regular sunglass will confuse you a lot, and when it’s about polarized sunglasses, you might get sunk in a well of dilemmas! What should you do now? Well, you might consider reading the following reviews. They are written for people like you. We have made our list of top 10 polarized fishing sunglasses. And below, you’ll find the reviews on those 10 best sunglasses. Hopefully, you might get your ideal fishing sunglass here!
List of 10 Best polarized sunglasses for fishing
Now here are the review of 10 best polarized sunglasses:
Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses
Regular or occasional fisherman, whichever type you belong, you must’ve heard the name of Costa Del Mar. This one is one of the best polarized sunglasses brands that only manufacture fishing sunglasses. This sunglass that is the first one on our list is an outstanding fishing sunglass. It doesn’t only transmit the right amount of light but also gives you a cool look on the face.
Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses, Black, Blue Mirror 580 Plastic Lens
580 Polycarbonate Lenses
Costa Del Mar’s sunglasses are all equipped with latest technologies. The 580 technology blocks yellow light at 580 nanometers. These lenses are made of the most durable material, polycarbonate. They enhance color contrast. They provide 100% UV protection and 100% polarization. They are impact and scratch-resistant. You are bound to have no complaints against the lenses. They are awesome!
Sunrise mirror coating
The lenses feature a polarized mirror coating. They are great for low-light conditions. You can go sight fishing at dawn and dusk. The lenses allow 27% light transmission.
- Costa Blackfin Sunglasses are perfect for low-light conditions
- They offer superior visual clarity
- Eliminate glare efficiently
- Scratch and impact-resistant
- 100% UV protection
- The item is very lightweight
- Sunrise lenses do not pass ANSI Z80.3 traffic signal recognition. Therefore, these shouldn’t be used while driving
Wiley X P-17 Sunglasses
This one is another outstanding fishing sunglass. It will be a perfect fishing sunglass. It’s polarized and made of high-quality materials. Let’s find out more about this item.
Wiley X P-17 Sunglasses, Polarized Smoke Green, Gloss Black
Eight-layer polarization filter
The Wiley X P-17 sunglass features eight-layer filter on the polarized lenses. This feature helps it to cut off glare more efficiently than other polarized glasses. They don’t distort colors. They allow light transmission as low as 19.03%. They are 100% polarized. They reduce eyestrain. They offer all the features you expect from a fishing sunglass.
This sunglass is made of heavy-duty materials that make it sturdy and robust. Not just these, the sunglass is impact-resistant and solid. The lenses have mirror coating for less transmission of light.
- It has rubberized temple and nose piece for non-slip, comfortable fit
- Mirror-coated lenses with an 8-layer polarization filter
- Maximum glare reduction with true object-colors
- Less light transmission
- Some shades are very dark and therefore don’t go well with low-light circumstances.
The features tell so much about this item. You can understand how convenient this sunglass is for fishing purpose. I’ll let you judge the item. I’m sure you’ll like this one.
Native Kodiak Polarized Sunglasses
The Native Kodiak Polarized Sunglass is the 3rd item on our list but a top-notch one. I’ll say it belongs to the best fishing sunglasses at cheap price. You might be thinking how I’m so much confident about this item. Let me show you how!
Native Eyewear Kodiak Polarized Sunglasses, Brown, Maple Tort
N3 Polarized lenses
These N3 polarized lenses block UV rays up to 400 nanometers. They block infrared lights 4 times more than other lenses. They give high color contrast and reduce blue light transmission. It decreases eye fatigue.
Protective Coatings and Interchangeable Lenses
Coated with hydrophobic coatings, the lenses of this sunglass are scratch and impact-resistant. They are polarized and eliminate glare almost entirely. And the interchangeable lens feature allows you to change lenses as per your need.
- Reduce eyestrain
- Block UV rays and reduce blue light
- Block infrared lights
- Scratch and impact-resistant
- It doesn’t fit every face shapes.
Overall, this one is a great item for the money. It provides superior visual acuity, and you can see through the water surface. You won’t be disturbed by the bothersome light glares with this sunglass on. This sunglass will be your perfect fishing partner.
Strike King Polarized Okeechobee
Do you want to know what we have as the fourth item on our list? It’s from Strike King! The Strike King Polarized Okeechobee is an astounding fishing sunglass. Before I start blabbering a lot about this one, see the details of it below!
Strike King SG-S1171-CS S11 Optics Polarized SG Caddo Bundle, Matte Black Frame with Gray Lens, with Black Case
This coating ensures that no light reflects on the rear side of the lens and enter the eyes. Thus, you get sufficient amount of light transmission and also get clearer vision. This coating also ensures that you see the true colors of objects. So, you can be sure about zero percent color distortion.
B-gradient mirror treatment
The mirror treatment of this item reflects most of the light that falls horizontally on the lenses. This way it prevents a lot of light from entering your eyeballs and causing eye fatigue.
- Scientifically engineered lens colors
- 10% UV protection
- 11 layers of a polarization filter
- Hydrophobic coating
- The lenses do not have scratch-resistance
The features, as you see, are praiseworthy. I don’t know about you, but if I give my opinion, I’m definitely in love with this sunglass. It’s one of the best fishing sunglasses under $50. I know you also cannot disagree to this!
Flying Fisherman Buchanan Polarized Sunglasses
Flying Fisherman! This brand is renowned for its fishing sunglasses. The Buchanan Polarized glasses are no different from their all other excellent fishing sunglasses. They have impressive features and stylish design. They are not only best for fishing purposes but also for other outdoor activities.
Flying Fisherman Buchanan Polarized Sunglasses
This Flying Fisherman sunglass features AcuTint lenses that absorb the horizontal light and eliminate blinding glare. They enhance depth and clarity of vision. They reduce the color distortion and reduce eyestrain.
Buchanan Action Angler Series
This series of Flying Fisherman features wrap around styles with vented and extended temple pads. The lenses are polarized and scratch-resistant. This series is especially for fishing sunglasses. On your fishing trips, this sunglass will be a relief for you. You can wear it comfortably for the whole day!
- 100% UV protection
- The frames are too wide. They won’t fit a small-head person.
However, this item is an efficient one when we talk about polarization. It eliminates glare and gives comfort to your eyes. When you start using them, you cannot help falling in love with this item. It’s a great item for the price and for fishing.
Oakley OO9096 Fuel Cell Polarized Sunglasses
This polarized sunglass is one more startling item in our list. It is great for taking with you while fishing. It serves great vision and enough light transmission. It also cuts off glare completely.
Oakley Fuel Cell Rectangular Sunglasses,Polished Black Frame/Warm Grey Lens,one size
While till date we have mostly heard about UVA and UVB protection, this sunglass is designed to block UVC rays too. And it claims to have 100% protection against all UV rays. The lenses block harmful blue light up to 400 nanometers.
Less light transmission
The lenses of this sunglass allow only 10% light transmission. So, you can keep your worries about eyestrain away. With this low light transmission, you can see things clearly without any color distortion. This sunglass is suitable for bright-light conditions.
- This sunglass offers 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC ray protection
- Highly-durable polycarbonate lens
- Exceeds Z87.1 optical standards
- Only available in one size, so, doesn’t fit every person.
- Unsuitable for low-light environment
This sunglass meets all our expectations. The most important facts for a fisherman are that he should get proper vision and fewer glare effects. This sunglass efficiently serves you with these two aspects. Therefore, I’ll say that it’s a perfect polarized sunglass for fishing.
Ray-Ban RB8317CH Chromance Lens Aviator Sunglasses
I don’t think I have to say a lot about this item. Everyone has heard of the brand “Ray-Ban.” This high-ranked brand produces the best sunglasses for your outdoor activities. This item that we are reviewing is another gift from this brand. It meets the customers’ expectations and serves as an excellent fishing sunglass.
Ray-Ban RB8317CH Chromance Lens Aviator Sunglasses, Gunmetal Frame/Blue Mirror Lens (029/A1)
Price: Check on Amazon
Polarized Chromance Lenses
You might not be familiar with the term ’chromance.’ The brand explains it this way: Chromance – for eyes that love color! The lenses have 6 layers of anti-reflective coating. This coating reduces light reflection and causes minimal color distortion. Also, it helps you to see things clearly and more vividly.
Classic aviator style
This sunglass is different in looks from all the others we reviewed. This one comes in classic aviator style. If you are looking for a sunglass that serves you as a good fishing sunglass and also gives you a stylish look, you’ll love this one!
- Sturdy and durable
- Enhanced clarity and color contrast
- No scratch-resistant coating
The features of this item indicate how satisfactory this item is. I’ll leave the rest to you. You can judge the quality by yourself. Once you use it, I guarantee you; you’ll love it!
Oakley Men’s Fuel Cell Rectangular Sunglasses
This one is an everyday-use sunglass that can also be an awesome item for fishing. It’s a stylish looking sunglass that will attract you with its looks. Also, it can work best as your everyday fishing eyewear.
Oakley Men's Fuel Cell Rectangular Sunglasses, Multicam, 60 mm
Price: Check on Amazon
10% light transmission
Oakley Men’s rectangular sunglass lenses only allow 10% light transmission and block blue lights completely. Therefore, you get fewer eyes fatigue. You can see things more clearly. The blocking of blue lights helps you work in bright-light environments without getting a headache.
This sunglass features HDO® precision that gives less distorted vision. So you get optimum clarity of vision. Also, you get minimal color distortion. Not only this, but you also get total UV protection with this sunglass.
- 100% UV protection
- Exceeds Z87.1 optical standards
- Durable and sturdy frames
This item is a likable one. Though it’s not polarized, it is a great item. It gives you protection against UVC rays. Overall, it’s a good item for the price.
Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses
If you are looking for the best fishing sunglasses with the coolest design, the Torege Polarized Sports Sunglass will be perfect for you. Don’t worry; they are not only sports sunglasses. They are designed for fishing too.
This sunglass features 5 interchangeable lenses. The package contains 4 extra tinted-lenses. Only the main lens is polarized. The other lenses are of different colors so that you can use them in different light and weather conditions.
This sunglass is designed to be used for different activities. You can do cycling, trekking, skiing, biking, driving, fishing, outdoor sports, and many other things with these sunglasses on. They’ll feel comfortable in all situations.
- Lightweight and durable
- Interchangeable lens
- 100% UV protection
- Scratch-resistant lenses with unbreakable frames
- The frames aren’t impact-resistant
- Only the main lens is polarized, the others are not.
I have described only a little about this item. But this little information says so much about this sunglass. You can understand how amazing it is as a sports sunglass as well as a fishing sunglass. The rest is up to you. But if you seek my suggestion, I’ll say that this one seems perfect to me.
Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
This one’s the last item on our list, but it’s also as good as the 1st one on that list. This sunglass also has got amazing features like all other items. Let’s see other features and specs of this item.
Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Running Cycling Fishing Golf Tr90 Unbreakable Frame (Yellow/Yellow)
100% polarized coating
The lenses have 100% polarized coating. They eliminate glare and block UV rays from entering the eyes. They also block the harmful blue light. This way, our eyes get the optimum visual clarity and enhanced color contrast.
Complete eye protection
Along with superior glare protection, this sunglass shields the eyes against odds. They protect the eyes from the UV rays and keep them safe.
- Heavy-duty material
- 100% UV protection
- No impact or scratch-resistant coating
After reading this lengthy review, I hope all your confusions about fishing sunglasses are gone! I hope this review guide of ours have helped you. Don’t worry about the quality of these items that we covered here. You’ve read the features, and you can understand that we have picked the best items for fishing. So, without any hesitation, you can buy one of these items. And you can thank me later for that! I wish you the best fishing experiences!